Please follow the SIGACCESS Guidelines to create a presentation that all attendees can enjoy and learn from. We summarize the linked SIGACCESS guidelines and add a few more below:
- Choose a high contrast colour scheme that supports colour blind readers,
- Use more than colour coding to communicate information,
- Keep text brief,
- Keep graphics simple and be verbally describe images, animations, videos,
- Avoid using a pointer,
- Caption videos,
- Speak clearly, use a microphone, face the audience, and use common, understandable terms,
- Post your slides early,
- Share your contact information, and
- Download your slides, videos, and sounds locally on your computer; don’t depend on wifi for your presentation.
Presentation lengths vary by presentation type:
- Paper Presentations: 20 minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions
- Panels: 90 minutes
- Tips, Techniques and Courseware Presentations: 15 minutes
- Working Group Presentations: 10 minutes plus 4 minutes for questions
Conference Policies for Presenters
Remember to follow SIGCSE Conference Policies and the ACM Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities.
As speakers at ITiCSE, show respect to others by:
- keeping to time limits,
- preparing presentations in advance,
- listening to questions,
- using the microphone so everyone can hear, and
- repeating questions so the audience can hear.
Speakers are role models. As such, promote connections between attendees and engage with attendees on stage and off.
General presentation rooms are equipped with:
- Projector & screen with a single HDMI cable (sometimes also VGA)
- Podium & microphone
Feel free to bring your own presentation laptop and your own dongle to link your laptop to HDMI. We recommend at least a backup of your presentation on USB.